As the weather gets colder, your beauty routine should change accordingly. Here are some tried and true tips to make sure your hair can weather this cold weather!
- If you hair gets dry in the winter, switch to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner–your Garden artist can suggest one that will work for your hair. A weekly deep conditioning mask can also work wonders!
- To refresh hat hair carry a dry shampoo in your purse. Spray at the roots and muss up with fingers for instant all-over volume!
- To smooth static rub a drop of Diamond Oil or Moroccan Oil between your hands then onto the hair. To make sure the hair doesn’t become too greasy, start ponytail down then work the remaining oil through the length of the hair.
- For freezing cold frizz, carry a travel-sized hairspray (of which we have several) in your purse for quick touchups throughout the day.
- If you, like so many others, are rocking a fringe this winter, wear beanies back a bit on your head to avoid flattening the fringe.
- Jenny Balding, a Redken style and grooming expert, recommends tucking hair into your sweater or scarf for a “chic without trying” look. You can also try a loose side braid underneath a hat.
- If you hair looks dull and dry, try Pureology’s Fresh Approach Dry Conditioner. It will soften dry ends and give hair luster.